- The world trade of "machinery for bakeries, pastry and biscuit making" is expected to increase by 3.8% every year from now until 2021.
- Craftsmanship, synonymous with slow processing and recipes capable of innovating tradition, is being rewarded in bread making.
- Luxury, fashion and food design that respect tradition have become the new must of gourmet patisserie.
- The appointment with the SMART Label Host Innovation Award, in partnership with POLI.design and sponsored by ADI, is back.
- Special events include the European Pizza Championship, the Cake Designers World Championship and the World Trophy of Pastry, Ice Cream and Chocolate.
Futuristic, healthy, gourmet or inspired by tradition. HostMilano offers a whole new interpretation of gelato, with new consumer formats and the “gelato parlours” of the future
- Italy’s expenditure for gelato rocketed to 3 billion euro in 2018.
- The new must-have requirement is “differentiation”; with traditional gelato cones and tubs being successfully joined by single portions, sticks and new types of gelato parlour
- The format of the new shops is focusing on eliminating the barriers between gelato and consumers
- The appointment with the SMART Label Host Innovation Award, in partnership with POLI.design and sponsored by ADI, is back
- The stage is set for the World Trophy of Pastry, Ice Cream and Chocolate and Cake Designers World Championship
- World trade in the Coffee - Coffee Machines - Vending Machine industry reached a new peak in 2018 with a total in excess of EUR 17 billion.
- Speciality coffee and alternative brewing methods are becoming more popular in Italy, too.
- Cold brew and nitro coffee are the must-haves of summer.
- The SMART Label Host Innovation Award is back.
- The Gran Premio della Caffetteria Italiana and Coffee Addition events will be organised by Aicaf and ALTOGA
The world’s trends stop at Hostmilano. Training, innovation and new partnerships with the US market.
- Seven months before the kick-off, 50 countries are represented, with a total of 1,653 companies, 949 of which are Italian (57.41 % of the total) and 704 international (42.59 %)
- And partnerships have been launched with the major US associations, including the FEDA and FCSI.
- The US market continues to be among the most important worldwide, and is very attractive to commodities Made in Italy.
- SMART Label, the Host Innovation award, will be making a return with a new feature this year: Design Talks
Furniture and Tableware at HostMilano Innovation outlines the venues of tomorrow. New trends and a booming industry
- The worldwide demand in the sector totalled over EUR 167 billion in 2018.
- Italy ranks in fourth position on world level for exports.
- The new must-haves focus on sustainability and making guests feel at home
- Host is confirmed as the ideal stage also for formats and turnkey solutions for the hospitality industry