The Renaissance in the Restaurant Industry finds its utmost expression at HostMilano 2017, amid new trends, new products, cooking shows and world-class events
- Fipe: 39 million Italians ate out in 2016
- There has been no crisis in the catering industry, with its 325 thousand enterprises and €51 billion in revenues
- The catering industry of the future is on display, with hundreds of events featuring famous chefs, celebrity guests, tastings and debates
HostMilano 2017: coffee goes global at Sic with growing numbers, latest trends and a gallery where coffee beans and gelato become one.
- A total of 593 companies from 41 countries will be taking part, representing a 3% increase on the previous edition
- Coffee machines: “Made in Italy” production up 4.7% in 2017
- A Host novelty will be The Experience Gallery: an interpretive event that brings together the worlds of Coffee and Gelato-Pastry
- A rich programme of events including training and in-depth information explaining coffee in its many forms
At HostMilano 2017, the hybridisation of gelato / pastry and coffee becomes a reality: amidst genre fusions, experiential galleries and a rich events calendar
- In Italy, 6.5 kilograms of gelato are consumed per person, yet globally speaking, China, the USA and Japan have the largest markets
- Made in Italy manufacturing leads the way in terms of the production of gelato machines, a sector that guarantees a 325 million euro turnover
- The Experience Gallery represents an exciting new attraction at the 40th edition of Host: an experiential pathway that puts two adjoining and complementary sectors in contact, Coffee and Gelato / Pastry
- Two global events will be taking place during the trade show: The Cake Designers World Championship 2017 (23 and 24 October) and The World Trophy of Pastry Ice Cream Chocolate (21 and 22 October)
At Host 2017, with EXIHS the hospitality archetype turns artistic installation: materials and spaces for a high-impact concept, exhibited in the major art Biennali
For the very first time, a business trade event hosts a space entirely dedicated to developing the concept of hospitality as an artistic expression. Conceived by Davide Rampello and developed by Dante O. Benini, the new EXIHS space plays around with materials and spaces, inviting visitors to reflect on hospitality as a metaphor of all human relations. The concept will be on display in the Biennale of Beijing 2018.
· 1,824 participating companies representing 55 different countries
· Germany, Spain, France, the USA and the United Kingdom top the list of the ten main foreign nations in attendance
· Over 1,500 buyers hailing from Europe (10%), the Mediterranean and South Africa (7%), the Middle East (15%) Northern America (23%), Central and Southern America (8%) Russia (18%), Asia and Oceania (19%).
· Hundreds of events including workshops, training opportunities, round tables and show-cooking spectacles