·Participation has been confirmed by 2,249 companies (+3.8% on the previous edition), of which 1,360 Italian and 889 international from 55 countries
·Food Service Equipment with Bakery/Pizza/Pasta remains the best-represented sector (43.8%), followed by Bars/Coffee-Tea/Vending machines and Furniture/Tableware
·Over 1,500 hosted buyers from 80 countries, with an 80% turnover and an increasingly comprehensive combination of profiles
·Over 500 events, contests and cooking demos
·Innovation: the SMART Label Host Innovation Award returns
HostMilano shines the spotlight on professional hospitality, a macro-sector worth over 5.4 billion Euros
- The worldwide food equipment market will exceed the value of 50 billion dollars by 2025 and the contract market (furniture and complements) will exceed 22 billion by 2022.
- From 2019 to 2022, global trade will grow by 5.2% for the Food Service Equipment and +4.8% on the contract market.
- Italian food equipment has a turnover of 5.4 billion Euros. Of these, 3.6 billion come from exports.
- Italy is a leading manufacturer of ovens and of gelato and pastry equipment; world’s third largest exporter of food service equipment and of contract furniture and complements.
- These are sectors of systemic value for the economy also thanks to the growth of global tourism (+6% in 2018) and hospitality, which is worth 83 billion Euros in Italy and 600 billion dollars in the US
Green, smart and ‘hygge’: at HostMilano, a preview on hospitality, out-of-home and retail in the age of sustainability
- Raw and natural materials in neutral colours, green walls with vertical gardens, rearrangeable and recyclable furniture
- Domestic comfort in keeping with the hygge philosophy, smudging the barriers between home and public venues; long tables to bring strangers together and bookshelves that become the protagonists of the most varied layouts
- 3D food printing at the service of vegetarian and vegan diets
- Robots perform specific tasks such as mixing cocktails or baking pizzas
- Attention to the sustainability of ingredients and packaging is on the rise and compostable packaging for coffee capsules is here
The HostMilano events are all fully booked. Contests, cooking demos, seminars and training, all the trends of the Ho.Re.Ca world are here
·Over 500 events including seminars, workshops, competitions, championships, cooking demos, tastings and performances
·A unique programme based on the hottest trends of the moment, with the help of big names and the most influential professionals in the field.
·The SMART Label, Host Innovation award for innovation in hospitality is back
·The new entry of the 2019 edition is “Pasticceria di lusso nel mondo by Iginio Massari”.
·The programme of HostMilano features national and international championships, cooking demos starring decorated chefs, the mouth-watering creations of pastry chefs and cake designers and the performances of the best baristas and bartenders