Renewed vitality in the catering sector: HostMilano: the appointment that brings you the very latest trends in cuisine, training and consumer habits
- A 6% increase in professional catering companies and a 25% increase in the Bread Pizza Pasta segment.
- FIPE: 39-million Italians ate out in 2016.
- With 352,000 companies and an overall turnover of 51 billion euros, the catering industry is not feeling the crisis.
- All the latest trends: technology and food culture at the service of the consumers of the third millennium.
High-tech, ergonomic and personalised: Furniture and Tableware marry Technology in HostMilano and present the formats of the future. EXIHS exhibits art.
- More exhibitors in the Furniture, Tableware and Technology sector (+16% compared to 2015)
- The advance of Made-in-Italy continues: +1.9% in 2017 and production at 865 million euro in 2016
- Awards, workshops and ‘live’ contexts
- 37.5% of the 2,165 companies from 52 countries participating in Hostmilano 2017 are in the Coffee & Tea - Bar Coffee Machines - Vending, Gelato & Pastry area.
- The Experience Gallery is an exciting new attraction at the 40th edition of HostMilano: an experiential pathway that puts two adjoining and complementary sectors into contact, Coffee and Gelato/Pastry.
- Competitions, show cooking demonstrations and international workshops will take place during the event.
Promoted by HostMilano and conducted by Magda Antonioli Corigliano, Director of the Master in Economics of Tourism at Bocconi University, and Sara Bricchi, MET Researcher at Bocconi.
Furniture, Technology, and Tableware under the spotlight at HostMilano 2017. The event will feature exhibition areas such as EXIHS, international awards, and workshops.
- Compared to the last edition, the figures of the Furniture, Technology, and Tableware area are on the rise
- Italy’s products keep growing: export has increased by +1.9% in 2017 and production was worth € 865 million in 2016
- The event will feature award ceremonies, workshops, and live contests