Brief Seminars from Primo Piatto
From A.P.Pa.Fre. - Associazione Produttori Pasta Fresca della Piccola e Media Impresa
Making pasta is a big deal.
What hides behind a blend of semolina and water, inside a plate of pasta accompanied by a tasty sauce on a restaurant menu, in a list of store products or in a catalogue belonging to a wholesale fresh pasta laboratory? Professional skills and numbers.
Numbers that when combined with an understanding of standards, marketing skills and an entrepreneurial tradition, determine the success of Il Pastaio 4.0 (Pasta Maker 4.0) in the 21st century.
Numbers that are also the result of technology applied to the pasta-making industry.
This is PrimoPiatto, the school for pasta makers.
It will be possible to get a taste of all of this during the “Le Pillole di Primo Piatto” short seminars that will be taking place at the Appafre stand at HOST 2017.
Topics will include:
· 20 October, 11 AM - Pasta making 4.0 and gluten-free: extruding gluten-free dough. Regulations governing pasta-making: it’s a real endeavour
· 20 October, 3 PM - Pasta making 4.0: getting down to basics.Extrusion and laminating – the mathematics, physics and chemistry of pasta making.
· 21 October, 11 AM - Pasta making 4.0 and marketing:coloured, two-tone and multi-coloured pasta using vacuum technology
· 21 October, 3 PM - Pasta making 4.0 and multi-coloured stuffed pasta
· 22 October, 11 AM - Pasta making 4.0 and the “Baker’s syndrome”:serving and consuming pasta and sauce on-site
· 22 October, 3 PM - Pasta making 4.0 and ingredient costs for plain and stuffed pasta:yields and weight loss.Pasta making4.0 in the kitchen
· 23 October, 11 AM - Pasta making 4.0: looking beyond “Creso” wheat
· 23 October, 3 PM - Pasta making 4.0 and alternative flours:Kamut, spelt, buckwheat.
· 24 October, 11 AM - Pasta making 4.0 and thinking outside the box:pasta with the sauce... on the inside; pasta for dessert